Wednesday, May 18, 2011

LEAP Scores!

Test scores came in today. My eighth graders were freaking out all day.

All of my kids except for two passed the English section of the LEAP. One of those should not have even been taking the LEAP, because of his IEP. He went from writing unpunctuated nonsense to writing paragraphs that are on topic. I'm going to be advocating for him. Apparently the reason he wound up taking the LEAP in spite of his particular Special-Ed status is that the paperwork did not go through our administration on time. Ugh.

The other one is a mystery. She wasn't even one of the ones I was worried about.

A few others were pleasant surprises: S- who I've had for 3 years now, and who has struggled and scored Approaching Basic the past two years, who was also my most-improved writer last year- got a passing BASIC this time.

I'm still not a cut & dry fan of the LEAP, but it is nice to see another measure of improvement.

(Later, when I have time for a rant, and am not typing with one hand (Aeli's contentedly chewing on the other), maybe I will tell you how our school did overall.)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations Carrie! They're really going to miss you next year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...