Monday, July 25, 2011

Monsoon Season is for Making Things

We are having a RAINY summer in New Orleans.

We have been spending a lot of time inside.

Here are some things I've made lately:

A bumper for Aeli's crib (I have two out of four sides done. I didn't get enough fabric the first visit to the quilt shop, which worked out fine since I left Aeli's shot records at the front counter there. The lady saved them for me and we went back the next day. This sort of thing is becoming not-uncommon.)
Some funky earrings out of these block-letters I got at a yard sale last year.
Photobucket
Okra + Fish Couscous, Eggs & Heirlooms, and
my attempt at the peach&plum gallette recipe from this blog. (I substituted rum for whiskey in the caramelized sauce) It was delicious, although wheat flour just doesn't do the pastry crust thing well. Or maybe I just don't.
I'm of the belief that most things are improved by added pieces of Reeses to the top.

Also dipped Reeses halves into melted chocolate with bits of pita chips and this Israeli snack that's essentially peanut-butter-flavored Cheetos... Gluttonous. (Goodness.) ((Maybe not for your gluteus.es.))

Alas, today is all about soup and tea.
I may pull out the juicer and try an antioxidant + C mix of blueberries and lime juice! The question is whether or not I can commit to cleaning it afterward.

For now, Aeli and I have some bouncing to do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...